What are the aims for the work?
£25,000 of funding is available for an art commission piece that will be used to inspire collective action towards sustainable digital research infrastructure.
The purpose of the online event is to communicate the project’s final recommendations - about how to achieve net zero for digital research infrastructure - and encourage engagement with the roadmap across the UKRI community.
We envisage the artwork design and making process will stimulate conversations across the research community. The artwork will be a talking point at the event in May, and beyond. We hope the artwork encourages people to look at the challenge from a fresh perspective, and inspire collective action.
- Monday 5th September: Opportunity announced
- Friday 7th October: Deadline for proposals
- Friday 14th October: Ideas Lab (shortlisted proposals will be invited)
- Tuesday 18th October: Decision made
- Tuesday 1st November: Work commences
- May 2023: Artwork launched
How to apply?
Take a look at the briefing document, which includes full details about the opportunity, budget, timescales and how to apply.